Class time conflict with Jumu'ah prayer

• Fatwa Date:4-9-2002 - Jumaadaa Al-Aakhir 27, 1423
  • Rating:

Question

I am a student at one of the USA universities. I need one more semester to graduate. Next semester I have a time conflict between the Jumu'ah prayer time and the classes that I need. The first it has happened to me. What should I do?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

If there is a time conflict, as you mentioned in your question, between the Jumu'ah prayer and your classes, you have to give priority to the prayer. In addition we do not think that University Administration will prevent you from such a thing.
As for lectures that you may miss due to performing the prayer at the same time, you can arrange to record them and then listen to them.
Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {… And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty).} [65: 2].