Her husband has a criminal record

24-5-2007 | IslamWeb


Aslamoalikum,My husband did lots of crime in his life after one of marriage he kidnap a boy and ask ransome from his family than finally police reat him and save that boy by tha blessing of Allah,i got very angry to my husband but after that when my husband do astagfar i forgive i and figth that case in favour of my husband and almighty Allah give him freedom from jail and save him from execution.After 18 months he came back from jail. Just for checking i give him lot of presure to buy a own home within8 months(i just do this to check him weather in presure he stay on halal or do haram,i also thread him that otherwise i wil leave you if you dont but home within 8 months).After coming from jail Allah bless him from such a nice job,but after 4 months he did faurad in company of 10 lacs.Now he is saying that i only do this in yours presure and thread now he is again saying sorry and he wants last chance. My parents is saying that i should now leave him and will take divorce and my husband is asking last final chance.So what will i do weather i leave him oreither i should give him last chance we also have a daugther.Please give me rigth adivce.Its tha matter of lfe and death for me.


All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.


If is true that your husband kidnapped the child and asked for a ransom, in addition to him stealing money without any right from the company where he works, then he is sinful and he is obliged to sincerely repent to Allaah. For more benefit on the conditions of repentance, please refer to Fatwa 87903.

As regards your question about divorce, if your husband is dissolute, then as a wife you are permitted to ask him for divorce. However, if you predominantly think that he will repent and become righteous, it is more appropriate to stay with him as a wife, especially that Allaah blessed you with a daughter from him. If your parents want to oblige you to divorce from him, you should try to convince them to remain with your husband. If they are convinced, all praise be to Allaah, but if they are not convinced, you are not obliged to obey them. However, if one is predominantly sure that he is not sincere in his repentance, it is more appropriate in this case to ask him to divorce you and you are obliged to obey your parents if they insist to divorce you from him in such a case. 

Allaah Knows best.