Wants to migrate from Britain without the permission of her parents

21-4-2010 | IslamWeb


one wants to make hijra to the UAE from britain, do i need my parents permission? i do not live with them, and they are with other family members, they are financially well off and the tasks i do for them can easliy be undertaken by other members of the family ( brothers and sisters) who have no plans to leave britain.


All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.


We have already mentioned that the ruling of migration differs according to circumstances; for more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 86405.

Therefore, if you are obliged to migrate, you are not obligated to seek the permission of your parents. If you do not find a Mahram to accompany you in your travel, you are permitted to migrate without a Mahram.

However, if you are not obliged to migrate, then it is not permissible for you to travel without their permission, and in this case, you are not permitted to travel without a Mahram; for more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 86565 and 83795.

The following two matters should be mentioned:

1-    In case of migration, you should make sure that in the country you would migrate to, you would be in a place where you would be safe from temptations. The same thing applies to the country where you are residing at the moment.

2-    If you are not married, we advise you to look for a pious husband who would help you in your worldly and religious matters. It should be noted that a woman is permitted to look for a husband provided that she abides by the Islamic conditions in doing so as we clarified in Fatwa 82471.

Allaah Knows best.