31. It is a means for attaining the mercy of Allah The Almighty.
The Benefits of Sending Salah upon the Prophet- II
- Publish date:05/01/2012
32. It increases the love of the Prophet, , in the heart of the one who sends prayers upon him, making it last forever.
33. Just as sending prayers upon the Prophet, , increases his love in the hearts, it will also be a means for the Prophet's love for the one who invokes prayers upon him, .
34. It is a means for guiding the slave (to the right path) and keeping his heart alive and tender. This is due to the fact that the more he invokes prayers upon the Prophet, , and remembers him, the more his love for the Prophet, , will overwhelm his heart. Consequently, his heart will not hold any opposition to his commands, or harbor any doubt in what he has brought from Allah The Almighty. Instead, his message will be inscribed in his heart so he can resort to it and seek guidance, success and all types of knowledge from it. Thus, he will be more keen on sending prayers upon the Prophet, , as long as he acquires greater insight, strength and knowledge.
35. The names of those who send their prayers upon the Prophet, , will be displayed and mentioned to him, .
36. It is a means for making one's feet firm on the Siraat (the Bridge) and helping him to pass over it safely. Sa‘eed ibn Al-Musayyib related a long Hadeeth (narration) from ‘Abdur-Rahmaan ibn Samurah, may Allah be pleased with him, in which the Prophet, , said: "And I saw a man from my nation crawling over the Siraat, and he was creeping sometimes and suspending some other times. Until the prayers he was sending upon me came to him and raised him to his feet and saved him." [Al-Haythami:Dha‘eef, Al-Albaani:Dha‘eef].
37. Sending prayers upon the Prophet, , is a way to render the least of his due right on us. This is also to thank Allah The Almighty for the blessing that He bestowed upon us by sending the Prophet, . In spite of the fact that fulfilling the true rights of gratitude to Allah The Almighty is beyond our abilities, knowledge and will, yet Allah The Almighty, because of His generosity, accepts from His slaves their deficient attempts at fulfilling His rights and showing our gratitude .
38. It encompasses the remembrance of Allah The Almighty, thanking Him, and knowing His favor upon His slaves by sending the Prophet, .
39. Invoking prayers upon the Prophet, , is a supplication, and all the slaves' supplications and needs are directed to Allah The Almighty.
How to send Salah upon the Prophet, :
The manner of sending prayers upon the Prophet, , is not limited to a certain wording, but can be in any form as long as it does not involve a prohibited action or wording. However, the best wording for invoking blessings upon the Prophet, , is what is narrated by Ka‘b ibn ‘Ujrah, may Allah be pleased with him when he said,
"We asked the Messenger of Allah saying, 'O Messenger of Allah! How should one (ask Allah to) send blessings on you, the members of the Prophet's household, for Allah has taught us how to send salutations upon you (in the prayer)?' He said: 'Say: Allahumma salli ‘alaa Muhammad, wa ‘ala aal Muhammad, kama sallayta ‘ala Ibraaheem, Wa ‘ala aal Ibraaheem, innaka Hameedun Majeed. Allahuma baarik ‘ala Muhammad, wa ‘ala aal Muhammad, kama baarakta ‘ala Ibraaheem, wa ‘ala aal Ibraheem, innaka Hameedun Majeed. (O Allah! Send Your mercy on Muhammad and on the family of Muhammad, as You sent Your mercy on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious. O Allah! Send Your blessings on Muhammad and the family of Muhammad, as You sent your blessings on Abraham and on the family of Abraham, for You are the Most Praiseworthy, the Most Glorious.' " [Al-Bukhari and Muslim].