Beside its delicious taste, it's easy to make, either with meat or by just using meat broth. The color of the rice deepened on the amount of the onion.
• 21/2 cups basmati rice•medium onion (chopped or sliced) •1 tsp cumin seeds • tsp chili powder (optional) • 1cup oil • Lamb meat or chicken • 2 – 3 carrots • 1 cup raison • 1 cup almond
- Heat the oil in a saucepan, add the onion, saute until brown, do not burn.
- Add the meat, chili, mix then add water (3-4 cups), cook for 11 / 2 hours.
- Soak the rice for 30 minutes and drain.
- Fry the almond to golden brown, remove with slotted spoon, fry the raisons until buffs, remove, then fry shredded carrots.
- Make sure that you have about 21/2 cups of stock, add the rice, carrots, almond, raisons, and the cumin seeds, bring to boil until most of the liquid absorbed, fluff the rice with a fork, reduce the heat to low, cover, cook for 20 minutes.
- For best result, when most of the water got absorbed, fluff with fork, cover tightly, and then cook the rice in low heated oven until it's done. (4-5 serving)