This dish comes from Saudi Arabia. It's a healthy snack made from wheat flour, drizzled with syrup, for a delicious bite after dinner, or a snack with Arabic coffee.
• 2cups wheat flour • l cup warm milk •1 egg • 1-2tbs oil • 2 tbs. yeast
- Oil for deep frying, sugar syrup, and crushed cardamom
- Mix all the ingredients until you have soft dough, let it rise in a warm place for at least 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into small balls, with greased hands pat the balls sown till you get about 6cm circle in diameter.
- Deep-fry your dough (they should puff up).
- Sprinkle on some cardamom, pour over them your syrup or dust them with powdered sugar