In this kind of Baklava, heavy cream been used instead of nuts which makes it lighter than the one with the nuts, but in the same time you can not save it for the next day, because of the cream the crust will be soft and no longer crunchy as the first day.
• 1 packge phyllo dough • 2 cups heavy cream (geshtah) • 1 / 3 cupmilk • 2 tbs. corn starch • 2 cups butter •Syrup
- Melt the butter.
- Mix cornstarch with milk, cook on medium 5-8min or until you have creamy texture, add this mixture to the heavy cream, let it cool.
- Dived dough to tow parts.
- Cut the part to squares 12 by 12 or the size of your choice.
- Spread butter over each layer of one square.
- Put ltbs of cream mixture at one of the square corner, near the center.
- Fold in half to obtain a triangle shape.
- Arrange the triangles on buttered baking pan; spread butter on the top of each triangle.
- Bake at 375 until golden brown.
- Remove, place it on cooling rack, immediately pour the syrup over Let it cool and serve