6 chicken thighs
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 small onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves
1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
3 teaspoons coriander seeds
1 tablespoon cumin
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1 cup yogurt
Pinch of chili powder
1) Remove the skin from the chicken and brush with lemon juice, cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
2) Place the onion, garlic, ginger, coriander and cumin seeds, extra lemon juice and salt in a food processor until a smooth paste is formed.
3) Combine the spice paste with the paprika, chili powder and yoghurt, and mix together until smooth.
4) Add enough drops of food coloring to make the mixture a deep red color.
5) Place the chicken pieces in a large shallow dish, and cover liberally with the spicy yoghurt mixture.
6) Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
7) Marinate the chicken for at least 4 hours.
8) Preheat the oven to moderate 180 degrees. Place the chicken pieces on a wire rack over a large baking dish.
9) Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken pieces are tender and cooked.