He committed Zina with a married woman and impregnated her
Fatwa No: 150125

  • Fatwa Date:21-2-2011 - Rabee' Al-Awwal 18, 1432
  • Rating:


Ok well, i am a 21 year old boy and have recently engaged into a very major sin of which i am most ashamed of, i have got a married woman pregnant and have engaged in zina with for a little over 6 months now the girl is pushing me away and telling me to leave her alone so she can give birth to the child and fool her husband into the child beeing his, i on the other hand am going throug alot of distress thinking about how my child will be born and brought up somewhere it doesnt belong my distress beeing the reason i cant get myself to remove the girl from my life. Any sort of help and advice would be wonderful, thanx.


All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

First of all, you should take the initiative to sincerely repent from this grave major sin because Zina (fornication or adultery) is one of the reasons that incur the wrath of Allaah. This sin is even graver if it is committed with a married woman; for more benefit on the conditions of repentance, please refer to Fataawa 87903 and 86527.

As regards the child, then there is no relation between you and him; rather, he is traced back to the owner of the bed, i.e. the husband of the adulterous woman. The only way for this child not to be traced to the husband is that he denies him by invoking Li’aan (i.e. he and his wife invoke the curse of Allaah on the liar among them when he accuses her of having committed adultery]); if he does not do so, then the child is traced back to him.

Without Li’aan, the following is Islamically confirmed between the husband and the child: the child is his son, they both inherit each other, it is forbidden for them [in the future] to create a relationship by affinity with each other, and he [the husband who is considered the father of the child] is obliged to spend on him. For more benefit, please refer to Fatwa 84301.

Therefore, you must cut any relationship with that woman if you want to safeguard yourself and protect your religion, rather you should not like for other women what you do not like for your mother and your sister. If you are determined to leave this woman and you are sincere in doing so, Allaah will help you to stay away from her.

Finally, we advise you to take the initiative to marry as soon as possible in order to keep yourself chaste. If this is not facilitated, then you should avoid what incites your desires, like forbidden looking and so forth. You should also fast whenever this is possible and keep company with righteous people and do other things that would keep you away from falsehood.

For more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 84807, 85277, 81786, and 84419.

Allaah Knows best.

Related Fatwa