Studying or teaching books that explain false ideologies

Question

Assalaamu alaykum. What is the ruling on studying Political Science, in which we have to learn about democracy. In a book of political science, there is a line which says, "The word of the people in democracy is like the word of God. Can one read out this line to teach the students? And in a Hindi (language) book, there are some poems which talk about Krishna and Yashoda. Can I teach the students from this book, only for education purposes, not to endorse it, and if I convince them that this is totally false and that they are learning this only to get marks? And if the students have to answer a question on this topic, can they say something like: According to the writer/author, ...

Answer

All perfect praise be to Allah, the Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger. 

There is nothing wrong – Allah willing – with studying and teaching political science because of the good and the benefits that it contains for the nation, and many benefits may be achieved with it, especially in the field of international relations, for the Muslim nation with other nations. Also, by learning it, some evil or disadvantages could be avoided. Huthayfah, may Allah be pleased with him, said, “The people used to ask the Prophet  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) about good, and I used to ask him about evil, for fear that I would fall into it… ” [Al-Bukhaari]

If political science includes what contradicts the creed and values of Islam, then the mere study of it without believing or affirming what it says is harmless. Also, there is no harm in teaching it as a way of informing that some people or systems believe and adopt it, but the teacher should alert the students about what contradicts Islam and refute it so that falsehood would not remain in their hearts, because if he does not warn them, then the teacher would be promoting falsehood. The Quran reported the false beliefs (ideologies) and false statements of the polytheists, but it clarified their invalidity (falsehood) and refuted their misconceptions.

If the student is asked in the exam about any of those statements and he mentions them and points out that this is the opinion of the author, then this is good.