A'alaykum. Thank you very much in advance. My Wife name is recorded as AZEEMUNNISA only in all official documents but her family used to call her MAHEZABEEN. Please advise me whether I continue with the either of the two names or not. If I would like to change her name with the one of the names of wives of the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH), could you please provide me reference of any Fatwa which contains details of names of the wives of Prophet Muhammad (PBUH). Jazakallah Khair.
All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad is His slave and Messenger.
There is no harm for you in calling your wife with either of the two names that you mentioned in the question as long as she is pleased with them, and provided there is no Islamic violation in these names.
However, it is better to call her by the name that she loves more from the two names, as this is part of having good marital relations with her. However, no one has the right to change her name without her permission, neither you nor anyone else.
As for the names of the wives of the Prophet they are as follows:
1) Khadeejah bint Khuwaylid .
2) Sawdah bint Zumu'ah .
3) ‘Aa’ishah bint Abu Bakr As-Siddeeq .
4) Hafsah bint 'Umar .
5) Zaynab bint Khuzaymah .
6) Hind bint Abu Umayyah Al-Makhzoomi, who was Umm Salamah .
7) Ramlah bint Abu Sufyan, Umm Habeebah .
8) Juwayriyyah bint Al-Haarith whose name was Barrah, and the Prophet named her Juwayriyyah.
9) Maymoonah bint Al-Haarith Al-Hilaaliyyah .
10) Safiyah bint Huayay ibn Akhtab .
11) Zaynab bint Jahsh .
Allah knows best.
You can search for fatwa through many choices