Opinion about Tarika, esp. Teejania

Question

What is your opinion about "TARIKA" especially the "Tidjanian Tarika" implanted in Africa? Name the most famous Tarikas, and which are in the right way of the Prophet (SAW)?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and Blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions. The “Tariqa” path, which is legislated by Almighty Allah is the same path which is mentioned in Qur’an, which the Prophet and his Companions followed. Allah Says (Interpretation of meaning): {And verily, this (i.e. Allâh's Commandments) is my Straight Path, so follow it, and follow not (other) paths, for they will separate you away from His Path. This He has ordained for you that you may become Al-Muttaqûn (the pious and righteous persons}. [6:153] And the Almighty says (Interpretation of meaning): { Say (O Muhammad SAW): "This is my way; I invite unto Allâh (i.e. to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge, I and whosoever follows me (also must invite others to Allâh i.e to the Oneness of Allâh - Islâmic Monotheism) with sure knowledge. And Glorified and Exalted be Allâh (above all that they associate as partners with Him). And I am not of the Mushrikûn (polytheists, pagans, idolaters and disbelievers in the Oneness of Allâh; those who worship others along with Allâh or set up rivals or partners to Allâh).}. [12:108]. The righteous path is the path of Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his Companions. Whoever follows them and remains on that path, he will be among the successful and victorious group. And whoever contradicts them, he will be in hell. Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Jews got divided into seventy one groups and Christians got divided into seventy two groups and my nation will get divided into seventy three groups. All the groups will enter the Hell except one. They asked: “Allah’s Messenger which one is it? He replied: “Those who will remain on the path on which I and my companions are today”narrated by Abu Dawood, Ibn Majah, and Ahmad. The meaning of this Hadith is very clear that UMMAH will get divided into many groups. But the only group, which will be on the right way; is the victorious group. This group always follows the Sunnah and refuses the Bid’ah (INNOVATION). This group will be preserved till the last day. Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “A group of my Ummah will continue victoriously adhering to the truth; those who let them down or differ from them do not harm them and they will keep adhering to this path until the Day of Judgment”, .narrated by Imam Bukhari &Imam Muslim. The “Teejania” is a group is a Sofies. The people of this group believe in many ideologies against Islam. This group is named after Ahmad S/O Muhammad Teejani, his nickname is Abul-Abbas. He was born in a village of Algiers in 1150A.H., corr. 1737 A.D Here are some false faiths of this group: 1- They believe that their Sheikh knows all the invisible and divine secrets. 2- They believe that the founder of this group Ahmad Al-Teejani physically met the Prophet of Allah in 12th century. And received all his hymns, supplications, rituals to praise God, and the priority and glorification of his Tariqa. 3- They believe that Teedjani is the last Wali (holyman) as the Prophet is the last Apostle. 4- They believe that all kinds of assistance and support are from the Last Messenger of Allah. There is a canal flowing from the Messenger to all Prophets, while an another canal is flowing to Shaikh Teejani directly. Shaikh Teejani receives all emanations of Prophets, and from him take all creatures. Beginning from Adam (peace be upon him) to the last day of this world. No doubt this is a big slander. 5- Among their invalid faiths that Allah will make an announcement at the Day of Resurrection in the presence of the whole mankind. He will say gesturing to Teejani “He was the provider of all of you, and nobody knew that”. 6- They believe that Prophet met Teejani and granted him a special prayer called “Salat ul Fatih” i.e., opener of closed, that is as below: “O Allah! Bless our Lord Muhammad the opener of the closed, the last one, supporter of truth by truth, the guide to your straight path, and a lot of blessings upon his family”. They believe that the uttering of these words only one time is equal to reciting the whole Qur’an, and all supplications mentioned in Qur’an & Hadith. They claim that Prophet Muhammad informed the Shaikh Teejani all these things. This heretic prayer possesses a high position among them, as if revealed from Almighty Allah. They mention a lot of priorities to this prayer, till they make it the essence of their religion and neglect all the teachings of Islam. They seek help from Shaikh Jeelani & Shaikh Teejani and others. In short, they do not have any relations to the way of Prophet (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) and his companions. We mentioned a few things here otherwise all their faith is based on myths nothing else. No doubt, who possesses null faiths, has deviated from Islam. And Allah knows best.