Salat al-Hajah

Question

How can I pray Salat al-Hajah?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.
If a person is in need whether he wants to get something from Allah or from person he can pray the Salatul-Hajah (prayer of need). This is the opinion of the four schools of Fiqh for the Hadith that the Prophet said: "If any one wants something from Allah, or from a human being, he should perform ablution and do it well, then pray two Rak'ahs then extol Allah Most High and invoke blessing on the Prophet, then say: 
"There is no god but Allah, the Clement and Generous. Glory be to Allah, the Lord of the mighty throne. Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the universe. I ask Thee for words which will guarantee Thy mercy, actions which will make certain Thy forgiveness, a supply of every virtue, and freedom from every offence. Do not leave me a sin which Thou do not pardon, a care which Thou do not remove, or a want that meets with Thy pleasure which Thou do not supply, O Most Merciful of the merciful ones". This is narrated from Imam Tirmizi and Ibn Majah. Ibn Majah narrated in the same narration that after making du'a one may ask from Allah whatever he needs from the matters of this world or the Hereafter. Allah will grant him so.
The four schools of Fiqh agreed upon performing this prayer.
The way of performing this prayer is as follows one performs two Rak'ahs in the permissible time of prayers. After finishing them he praises Allah and asks blessings for the Prophet and then recites the above Du'a.
You should know that the needs especially the needs of this world can be achieved by two ways:
First, obeying Allah by following His commands and avoiding what He forbids. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine. And whosoever puts his trust in Allâh, then He will suffice him.} [65: 2-3] And He also said: {Whoever works righteousness, whether male or female, while he (or she) is a true believer (of Islâmic Monotheism) verily, to him We will give a good life (in this world with respect, contentment and lawful provision)}[16: 97].
Second, Making Dua, fulfilling its conditions especially fearing Allah, being sincere and keeping away from Haram. The prayer of need embeds both conditions, i.e. praying which is a good act and making Dua after finishing the prayer.