Prefers male companionship and wants to become a Muslim

• Fatwa Date:26-1-2002 - Thul-Qi'dah 13, 1422
  • Rating:

Question

Thanks a lot for your reply to my question, may God reward you for your good work. But you said to me that one of the ways out of what I am in is marriage. In my question I recall telling you that the female body makes me feel disgusted. So I really can't touch a woman plus that would be unfair for her too because there won't be any kind of physical marriage connection at all! So should I accept Islam and live like a monk forever? By the way, God always protected me for anal sex, I have never ever done it. Thank God. So would it be ok to just seek my needs, which is not anal or even oral sex, with another man and become a Muslim?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

First, we advise you to embrace Islam. Just changing your mind and converting to Islam will, Insha Allah, help you to be better, since Allah
Says (interpretation of meaning): {…Verily! Allâh will not change the good condition of a people as long as they do not change their state of goodness themselves (by committing sins and by being ungrateful and disobedient to Allâh). …}[13:11].
Thus, your change of mind, professing Islam, fulfilling its duties, seeking Allah's Pardon, performing prayers at mosque, listening to lectures and sermons and so on will change your feelings and passions, desires and nature. This new state of affairs, in turn, will lead you to the straight path and Fitra (natural disposition), consequently to Islam, the religion of Fitra. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {So set you (O Muhammad SAW) your face towards the religion of pure Islâmic Monotheism Hanifa (worship none but Allâh Alone) Allâh's Fitrah (i.e. Allâh's Islâmic Monotheism), with which He has created mankind. …}[30:30].
As for marriage without practising the marital rights between the couple, we think no woman will accept such an attitude; consequently, marriage becomes invalid. But, if she and her guardian accept such a state, you may be able to get rid of all forms of perversion, and then, your feelings return to their natural source.
As for satisfying one's needs through some channels other than marriage, this is strictly prohibited. Islam prohibits any sexual relations between two males (and even two females) and considers such an action as one of the most abominable deeds which entails the death penalty.
As a final word, we state that Islam teaches its followers to satisfy their natural needs through marriage. In other words, Islam responds to satisfy natural needs but within clean relations and moral principles that lead the individual and society toward good.