Lives of the Prophets and martyrs after death

Question

How can we prove that the Last Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) and Prophet I'sa (Alaihi Salaam) and other Prophets (specially Al-Khidr in the period of Musa (Alaihi Salaam) and martyrs are alive now? What is the right creed about this matter?It will be Shirk if we believe that they can hear. It will be Shirk if we believe that they are present so what we have to believe that doesn't count Shirk? And will it be Shirk if we believe that they are alive in this world tell me?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

According to the sound opinion of scholars concerning al-Khidr, we state that he is a Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam). This is based on many proofs.
Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {… And I did it not of my own accord. …} [18: 82].
Also, al-Khidr and all Prophets (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) are alive in their graves. al-Munziri reported that the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: 'Prophets are alive in their graves' . al-Baihaqi regarded this Hadith sound. Muslim reported from Anas that Allah's Messenger (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "I passed by Musa on the night of Israa (and al-Mi'raaj) at the red dune and he was praying in his grave" . This life in grave is called the life of Barzakh, which is different from the worldly life. Prophets in such a state hear "greetings" of those who pass by their graves as long as they are near them. As for the Prophet Muhammad (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam), it is proved that he said: "There are roaming angels (by Allah's Order) on earth who inform me (the Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam)) of his Ummah's greetings 'blessings and peace'" [ Ahmad , Abu Dawood from Abu Mas'ud ]. But, according to our knowledge, the other Prophets do not have this characteristic.
As for Shaheed (Martyrs), they are alive as stated in the Holy Qur'an: {Think not of those who are killed in the Way of Allâh as dead. Nay, they are alive, with their Lord, and they have provision.} [3: 169].
Also, all the believing dead may hear greetings and invocations "blessings and peace" of live Muslim people who visit them to pray to Allah to forgive the dead or to send His Mercy upon them. This is the correct opinion in this concern, i.e. (hearing of the dead).
Those who believe that Prophets and Shaheeds or other dead people are alive in This Present Life are completely wrong, and this belief is false and contradicts the Qur'an and Sunnah and agreement of Muslim scholars.
Then, one who holds such belief is, in fact, in a very dangerous situation, unless he/she lives in a desert or he/she is a new Muslim. We are to teach him the sound creed.