Every dead one will be questioned after death

Question

When a person dies just after burial questioning takes place in the graveyard by the angles. When a person's burial takes place after two or three days or when a person died in an accident and the body is not found how and where does questioning take place? Where is the person's soul kept in that period?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Issues that are related to a dead person and his state in the grave are part and parcel of al-Ghaib (unseen) that we have to believe in on the whole unless Shari'a provides us with some details. Furthermore, we have to believe in al-Ghaib as presented to us and we have to search not for what we do not know. Here, we should know that life of al-Barzakh (life between death and resurrection; life in the grave) is unknown except by Allah. The life of al-Barzakh is outside the human imagination and thinking. So, it is completely beyond our thinking as we do with issues of the present life.
According to Shari'a, we know that the dead person, whether he is in grave, sea, in birds' or animal's stomach or destroyed by fire, he/she will be questioned in a manner that is known only to Allah. He is able to do everything. He ordered the Prophet Ibrahim (Peace Be Upon Him) while asking {…."My Lord! Show me how You give life to the dead…..} [2:260] to take four birds of different kinds, to cut them into pieces and then to throw them on mountain. So, Ibrahim did what Allah ordered him to do and held the bird's head in his custody. Then, Allah ordered him to call on them to come again, and he did. So, the birds came again by Allah's favor.
In brief, each and every dead person will be questioned and held responsible for his/her deeds. This is what every Muslim has to believe it.
Allah knows best