View By Subject

58 fatwas

  • No Harm in Visiting Your Daughters at Your Ex-wife’s House Date: 25-8-2022

    I have 2 daughters from.first marriage and they live with there mother. My elder daughter is 12 year old who insist me to.visit her in there home her mother is not my wife so can I visit there house . My current wife don't want me to go there house and always get angry when I.visited my children as she feel.very Insecured . Please reply as I don't want.. More

  • Remarried but Has a 12-Month-old Baby and Ex-husband Wants Him Date: 14-5-2019

    My son married a woman who has a baby 12 months old. Ex husband now wants the baby as she is remarried under shariah law he said the baby should go to him at 2 years old as this is the weaning period. Question is ex husband lives 6-7 hours away in another state and this will make it very difficult for her to see the baby also the baby is very attached.. More

  • Adult daughters can stay with divorced mother Date: 1-1-2018

    My parents are getting a divorce. I have two sisters, and we are all in our 20's and single. When my mom moves out and the divorce is finalized, are we not allowed to leave our fathers household because he is our Mahram (permanently unmarriageable kin)? I do not want my mother to live alone, so is it Islamically incorrect if we do go live with her? .. More

  • Demanding custody of child in unregistered marriage Date: 30-12-2017

    I want a fatwa regarding the divorce of my friend, who is from India. My friend works in Saudi Arabia. He was already married and has children from his first marriage (in India). Later, he got married to another woman in Saudi Arabia who is not a citizen (she is from Ethopia). He kept this fact hidden this from his first wife. He had a son from his.. More

  • Visitation rights of non-custodial parent Date: 17-5-2016

    A father of a two-year-old baby girl living with her divorced mother wants to know what rights he has over the child and what rights the child has. We are living in a Hindu-influenced society that prevails in Pakistan. What does Islam say about the visitation rights; is there a cap on frequency visiting given that I am only allowed to see my daughter.. More

  • Her father made Istikhaarah on her behalf to give her baby to her ex-husband Date: 15-3-2016

    Assalaamu alaykum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuhu. In the name of Allaah, I got married a second time with a son of my first husband living with me and my second husband. However, due to unavoidable circumstances, I took a khul' and now have another son from second husband who is one month old. I want to keep both sons with me, but my father refused.. More

  • A man may provide accommodation for his ex-wife who has custody of his children Date: 24-1-2016

    Assalaamu alaykum. I have been married for almost two years to a man who has six kids. Now he told me that he is still with his first wife, living under the same roof, for the kids. I do not have a problem with that at all. She had no idea that he got a second wife. After a couple of months, he told her, the relationship between them was already unhealthy.. More

  • An adult daughter may stay with her divorced mother who remarried Date: 4-1-2016

    Two divorced parents have a 15-year-old daughter. When the mother got remarried, the father asked the daughter to move to live with him and said that he would give her sufficient time to spend with her mother provided that she stays with him overnight. However, the daughter refused that because her mom convinced her that the Shaafi'i scholars say that.. More

  • Conditions for receiving government benefits must be observed Date: 13-12-2015

    I am a mother of two children. I got divorced by my ex-husband three years ago after 10 years of marriage. He kicked us out of the house. Allaah and my highly educated religious family supported me until I resettled after 10 years of suffering and depression in this marriage. The children's father, who is a professional and is rich, does not support.. More

  • Adulterous wife loses right to custody of children Date: 10-10-2015

    I am married to a european lady who is reverted to Islam. We have two children. 3 years back i move to my native country and she was not happy that i move with her and children to my country, She think i have consulted her before i took this decision. One year n some months we lived in my native country but everyday we would argue, several times i raised.. More

  • An apostate wife has no right to custody of her Muslim children Date: 4-10-2015

    Assalaam alaykum. If a Hindu woman converts to Islam and marries a Muslim (myself) and then converts back to her former faith and preaches Hinduism in my presence in spite of me advising her to follow Islam, then what is the status of the custody of our son and my property. I divorced her as per the Islamic rites and rituals and two years back and left.. More

  • His non-Muslim ex-wife remarried and took custody of his two children Date: 20-2-2015

    al slamo alykom my name is ehab ahmed muslim live in Australia devorce with Australian woman I have 2 kides rhiana 16 years and yusef 10 years .after I get devorc my ex-wifeand re-marid and ching hear last name and she puch me to ching my kides last name because they get tees by ather kids in nthe school and they frind because my daughter name rhian.. More

  • The father has right to child custody if parents live in separate lands Date: 5-7-2014

    Salamu alaykum wa rahmatulahi wa barakatu I want to make Hijra to a country that is far better in terms of Islam than the country i am living in.. But I am married to a woman who has 2 children with a person that lives in our country. So my wife was divorced but the children are still his ( her ex-man) children. I really want to make Hijra as Belgium.. More

  • Her children were taken by child protective services Date: 1-5-2014

    Bismillaah Assalaamu Alaikum Warahmatuhlahi Wabarakatuh! My five children were taken away by child protective services, they are an American corporation that earns incentives for every child they remove from it's home earning about seventy thousand dollars from the Federal government per year per child. My Muslim children currently stay with my Aunt.. More

  • Fearing that the husband might take the children does not justify violating sharee‘ah Date: 14-1-2014

    I was divorced from my children's father. Then a man proposed to me and I agreed to marry him. Out of fear that my first husband might take the children, I traveled to an Arab country. Then my marital contract was concluded in the presence of the marriage official as well as two witnesses. The contract, however, is not officially registered at court... More