Protecting one's self from envy

Question

What actions can I take to protect myself from envy? Which Surahs or verses can I read to protect myself from envy?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.
There are many acts one may practice to protect oneself from envy and jealousy. Some of them are as follows: 1- One should believe that what has passed one by was not going to befall one and what has befalled one was not going to pass one by. All matters are in the Hands of Allah. Then, if one believes and trusts in Allah, one will depend on Him in word and in deed. 2- Reciting the morning and evening's supplications. 3- Being in the state of Wudu as much as possible. 4- Reciting Qur'an frequently. 5- Repeating: Allahu ma Salli 'Ala Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon the Prophet Muhammad). 6- Reciting the supplications narrated from the Prophet Muhammad (Blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) such as: A'uzu Bi'ezati Allah Wa Qudratihi Min Sharri Ma ajedu wa Ohazer ( I seek Allah's protection from what I have undergone and feel fear of). La Hawla wala Quwata Illa Bi-I-llah (There is no power and no strength but that of Allah).  Hasbiya Allah La Ilaha Illa Huwa 'Alaihi tawakaltu wa huwa Rabul 'Arsh al'Azim (Allah is sufficient for me. There is no God but He. I have banked upon Him. He is the Lord of the Great 'Arsh). 7 - Reciting the related supplications before going to bed and after waking up. 8 - Permissible Ruqyahs (Quranic recitations and Prophetic supplications) such as: a: Surat al-Fatiha. b: Suras 112, 113, 114. c: Last two verses of Surah al-Baqarah. d: Beginning of Surah al-Saffat. No: 37. And other Suras from the Qur'an.
And Allah knows best.