Husband has close friends stay in his home for one week

• Fatwa Date:18-1-2003 - Thul-Qi'dah 16, 1423
  • Rating:

Question

What is your opinion of my husband, as a good Muslim imposes on me to have his very close friends, to come and sleep in our house for a week for example? I remembered from my parents it is haram? and I got him mad. Please as a Muslim sister, what would you advise me to tell him?

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

If they have separate accommodations from you and your husband is present while they are there and there is no temptation then there is no harm for them to stay in your house. You have to cover yourself and do not expose any part of your body to them.
However, if the husband goes out of the house leaving his friends in his house and there is no separate place for them then it is not allowed since it causes temptation and leads to evil.
However, you should advise your husband and make him aware of the dangers of this practice using wisdom and good manners.
If he does not listen to you then you may leave him, prevent him from enjoying with you and you may even go to your family leaving his house till he fulfills his obligations.