Saying one is a Christian to get financial help

• Fatwa Date:21-6-2003 - Rabee' Al-Aakhir 21, 1424
  • Rating:

Question

I am student in Germany and I have a question. I have asked a committee in Berlin to help me, but this group only helps Christian students. They sent me a paper and I have to complete this paper and I have to stake my religion. Can I write that I am Christian to get their help? I need money.

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions. Our opinion is that, you should achieve your aim through Islamic organizations, individual Muslim philanthropists or non-Muslim organizations if that does not cause any harm to you in your religion or worldly affairs. As for this particular organization about which you are asking you are not allowed to seek assistance from it on the condition you have mentioned, because the least that can be said about this is that you are telling a lie. We therefore, admonish you to fear Allah. Allah has promised whomsoever fear Him, a relief from distress and facilitation of his sustenance. He Says: {…And whosoever fears Allâh and keeps his duty to Him, He will make a way for him to get out (from every difficulty). And He will provide him from (sources) he never could imagine.}[65: 2-3]. Allah knows best.

Search Fatwa

You can search for fatwa through many choices