Husband Absent Wants to Stay With Her Parents
Fatwa No: 398611


Dear scholars Assalamualaykum!
My husband is out of country now what are my rights regarding my stay.Can I stay more with my parents or not?
Jazakumullahu khayra


All perfect praise be to Allah, The Lord of the Worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allah, and that Muhammad  sallallaahu  `alayhi  wa  sallam ( may  Allaah exalt his mention ) is His slave and Messenger.

A woman must obey her husband in what is permissible even if he is absent. Therefore, if he gives you permission to reside in your parents' home, then you may do so, whether it is for a long period or a short period. However, if he orders you to stay in your home, you are obliged to obey him provided that you are safe in your own self and your honor.

You are not obliged to reside with his family in one dwelling place unless you have a separate part in it that is independent with its amenities where you will not be embarrassed or harmed.

For more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 116281, 355681 and 90507.

Allah knows best.

Related Fatwa