Helping husband reform
Fatwa No: 50623

  • Fatwa Date:15-4-2008 - Rabee' Al-Aakhir 9, 1429
  • Rating:


I am a woman who married in an Arab country and then moved to Britain to live with my husband. The problem is that my husband has weak faith, and my efforts to change him are fruitless. Satan always drags him away from Islam by wasting long hours in front of the Internet or the TV. Will you please help me. What is your advice to me?


All perfect praise be to Allaah, The Lord of the worlds. I testify that there is none worthy of worship except Allaah, and that Muhammad, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, is His slave and messenger.


We supplicate Allaah The Almighty to reward you for your concern for your husband's guidance, and we invoke Allaah The Almighty to guide his heart to the right path.

Our advice to you is to seek his reform through every lawful way, such as to be a good wife and to beautify yourself for him so that he will stop gazing at what is unlawful. You can also seek help from a scholar, an Imaam or a friend who may affect him and contribute to his reform.

If your husband repents, it is a grace from Allaah. Otherwise, you should be patient with him and supplicate Allaah to guide him, and keep on advising him and use major incidents such as the death of a relative or an intimate friend to remind him. You should remind your husband that time is a blessing for which we will be reckoned on the Day of Judgment. The Prophet, sallallaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam, was reported to have said that good health and spare time are two blessings which many people misuse and thus, harvest losses. For more benefit, please refer to Fataawa 86533, 84333 and 84100.

Allaah Knows best.

Related Fatwa