Feeling hopeless

• Fatwa Date:25-6-2000 - Rabee' Al-Awwal 23, 1421
  • Rating:

Question

Respected Sir, ASSALAMALKMPlease reply to me, I have tried to be a real Muslim. But for two years I have suffered like anything, have lost my business, I believe, to earn HALAL income. I am religious and against breaking the Islamic law in every path of life. I have 3 children one eighteen years old and two daughters, 14 year and 10 years. I have a few chances to establish myself but not according to ISLAM, only for this world. I always think of the life after death. I am praying for long time, ALLAH BREAK MY DIFFICULTIES, but now I feel hopeless; I know this is a sin to think like this. Please guide me.

Answer

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.
Dear brother, may Allah bless you and us and lead us all to what pleases Him. May Allah grant us the satisfaction that He Alone is our Lord, Muhammad is our Messenger, and Islam is our religion. May Allah protect you and yours from all kinds of hidden and apparent temptations.
You should believe that all matters are in the Hand of Allah. They go on as he predetermines, no one could change His predestination and no one can comment on His Judgments.
Whoever believes in Him and submits himself to His decision he becomes successful in this life and in The Hereafter. Whoever follows another way harms himself only, and could not harm Allah nor change Allah's predestination.
Allah tests His slaves on the strength of their religion and according to their position in His eyes.
" When the Prophet (peace be upon him) was asked which people suffered the greatest affliction, he replied, "The prophets, then those who come next to them, then those who come next to them. A man is afflicted in keeping his religion. If he is firm in his religion his trial is severe, but if there is weakness in his religion it is made light for him, and it continues like that till he walks on the earth having no sin." Be sure that which you miss, was not to hit you, and what hits you, was never to miss you.
Sincerely worship Allah in all conditions, always Praise Allah, the Lord of the Worlds; and be patient. This is the case of a Muslim. The Prophet said: "The case of a believer is wonderful; there is good for him in everything and this characteristic is exclusively for him alone. If he experiences some thing pleasant, he is grateful to Allah and that is good for him, and if he comes across some adversity, he is patient and submissive and that for is good for him."(Sahih Muslim)
Do not think only about the trials you are facing, there are many blessings Allah has poured on you and many trials He has kept away from you without your awareness. Observe the one who is below you and do not observe the one who is above you, perhaps you may despise the blessings of Allah as narrated in a sound hadeeth. Do not look to Haram earning even if they are available. Satan makes sinful acts seem alluring to one, especially in the mentioned situation. Allah is the Oft-nice He does not accept other than nice.
Wait for a near happy ending from Almighty Allah. No doubt, relief is after grief and easiness is after hardship. The days are turns. There is no loss at all for one who enjoys good health with good faith in his heart.
Review your past techniques in business, take advice from those you trust on their experience and ideas. Surely, Allah will lead you to what is better for you with His Will.